24.04.2019 : Stanley's Travels
Easter has been and gone and Stanley has left for warmer climates. This time on his trip he will be taking in the sights of some of his favourite places, India, China, Thailand and Hong Kong. It will be a whistle-stop tour, leaving him little time to do the touristy things. Instead he will be focusing on what’s going to be on trend later this year and early next. He doesn’t give much away while he is travelling and the rest of the team are waiting anxiously at STC headquarters for his return with tales of his finds and treasures. Be sure to know that as soon as we know, we might give you all a sneak peek.
05.03.2019 : Mother's Day
The last day in March this year is a day to celebrate our Mothers. Many of us will remember making mums breakfast in bed or pasta necklaces as a child, but as an adult its sometimes harder to think what your Mother might like, so we have come up with five great gift ideas for the lovely lady on her special day.
1. Flowers are always a good idea, they bring beauty and brightness to a person’s day, and there really is nothing nicer than a fresh bunch of flowers on the sideboard, that is until they die. Have you considered artificial flowers, because if you haven’t you are missing a trick. These days they are so realistic and if you style them correctly then your house guests won’t know the difference. And for Mother’s Day they are the gift that never ends, lasting a lifetime.
2. Whether you decide to go down the real or artificial route with your flowers, why not team them with a vase or a pot. There is nothing more annoying than receiving a gorgeous bunch of flowers only to realise you’ve no vase and they end up spending a week in a Pyrex jug instead. If going artificial remember to look at the length of the stems when choosing a vessel, however most can be bent or cut to shorten them if required.
3. Is you mum eco conscious but a lover of all things bright, if so then a Paperthinks backpack is just the thing for her. In an array of bright colours but made from recycled leather they offer style and a ‘green concept.’
4. There is no better way to say thanks for being my mum than giving the gift of a photo. Try and dig out a golden oldie that your mum hasn’t seen in years, or a funny one from a family event. Or try to gather your siblings, dads, dogs or just yourself and take a cheeky photo that mum hasn’t seen before. Present your photo in a brand-new frame and you’ve just made mum smile for a week!
5. A place to keep all her jewels. We are just in love with these gorgeous jewellery trees, they have been a firm favourite of ours for a while now and so popular in all our stores. With four lovely designs to choose from they are bound to be a popular choice this Mother’s Day.
24.01.2019 : Valentines
Another of Stanley’s favourite times of the year is fast approaching. Stanley has always been a bit of a sucker when it comes to love, so it goes without saying that he just loves the 14th February. Valentines Day, a day to celebrate all things ‘Love.’
Stanley spends a portion of each trip looking for things to satisfy the markets fondness for all things hearty. People just love hearts. One of the best sellers for Stone the Crows remains the Agra Hearts collection, Stanley came across these beautiful hand carved soapstone items in Uttar Pradesh in India a few years ago and he instantly fell in love with them, knowing that they would be loved by all. He was right, they have been popular ever since. Perfect all year round, but extra special for Valentines.
This Valentines Stanley will be spending time with Mrs Crow, they live on a lovely little farm in the countryside. He’s hoping for snow, a spot of sledging and a hot chocolate by the fire is the perfect way to spend a day together. They hope everyone enjoys the day, whatever your plans. Happy Valentines.
02.01.2019 : Happy New Year!
We would like to wish all of our wonderful customers, both new and old, a very Happy New Year!
We hope your Christmas Break was filled with Love, Laughter and a Mince Pie or two!
This year is going to be a good one, we have so many new and exciting products to bring to you, so stay tuned, keep your beady eyes on our New Arrivals and on Stanley's News and we promise to amaze you.
30.11.2018 : Stone the Crows ! Dronfield Annual Charity Night
It's that time again, the most wonderful time of the year,
and as always our Dronfield store is holding its annual charity
night raising funds for the wonderful St. Johns Ambulance.
If you are in or near the Dronfield area make sure to stop by,
there will be wine and mince pies and a visit from Father Christmas
himself. We will have performances by the little carol singers
from Holmesdale Infants, Stonelow Juniors and Gorseybrigg
We look forward to welcoming you and your family and hope
you enjoy the evening.
30.10.2018 : First Stop....Thailand
Imagine sitting on the banks of the Chao Phraya river, watching the hustle and bustle of a Bangkok floating market in full flow, it doesn’t sound much like work, does it?
Well for Stanley it is, and currently he’s taking in the sights on a trip to Thailand!
He did manage a quick spot of sightseeing, taking in the Grand Palace, the Golden Buddha and a very quick trip to the beach – having wings certainly has its advantages.
Stanley did draw the line at the food, as an old crow he likes to play it safe, and although he did try Pad Thai from the street market and think it was rather tasty, he said it doesn’t beat a good old Yorkshire Roast.
Home is always in the forefront of Stanley’s thoughts, and so he sent this beautiful postcard
to everyone at Stone the Crows so they could see the fun he is having.
It isn’t all fun however and for Stanley it has been long days and sleepless nights, spending his hours searching the country for new and exciting products to bring home for his customers.
Stanley absolutely loves Thailand, one of his greatest finds on a previous trip was a beautiful collection of little birdhouses from Southern Thailand. The lovely pastel colours and quirky designs quickly became a bestseller and have remained so since he introduced them.
Stanley couldn’t wait to arrive and start the hunt for new treasure, and everyone at Stone the Crows ! can’t wait to see what wonders he will return with this time.
After five days exploring all that Thailand has to offer he will be heading off on the next part of his voyage, on to Asia’s World City, Hong Kong.